The content of these posts has now been moved here: https://bruceryan.info/resources/mainstreaming-participatory-budgeting-event
Individual pages can be accessed via these links:
- Tweets of anticipation and excitement
- Welcome and overview of the day: Oliver Escobar
- The Scottish context – local governance review and public service reform: Professor James Mitchell
- Evidence to date: Dr Angela O’Hagan
- Q&A with James Mitchell and Angela O’Hagan
- Examples of PB mainstreaming
- How the system works in Antwerp: Hanne Bastiaensen (Democratic Society)
- Legislating for system change in New York City: Jez Hall (PB Partners)
- From small grants to mainstreaming in Fife: Coryn Barclay (Fife Council)
- Group discussions: Mainstreaming PB is a transformation, not a process. What do we need to do to ensure it is a success? Anthony Zacharzewski (Democratic Society)
- What is needed for councils [and other public bodies] to transform internally?
- What is needed for communities to be ready to participate?
- What us needed to create strong and trusted processes and spaces?
- Plenary session: Way forward: what will we commit to get from here to our ambition?
(Tweets from this item are in the previous section.)
- Closing remarks: Claire McPherson (Scottish Government)