I’ve been using LeafletJS to create online maps since 2013:
- Scottish community councils (2013):
- Edinburgh community councils (2013)
- Highland community councils (2013)
- GCRF-funded projects (2019) – I can’t publish this without the data-owner’s permission
- members of the RIVAL network (2020)
- Places mentioned in a World War 2 diary (2022) – still work in progress.
None of this would have been possible without Vladimir Agafonkin. LeafletJS enables easy creation of online maps. An ecosystem of plugins enables use of different background maps and images, lines and shapes, different markers, overlays, clusters, heat maps, data visualisation, events and so much more! Much of this free and open-source. There is also a free WordPress plug-in, but you’ll need a paid WordPress instance to use plugins. Hence this map is elsewhere:
Anyway, thank you Vladimir. I hope you and yours are safe, and that Mr Putin just stops!