All community councillors are welcome – the events are free and your ideas and experience are are the magic ingredients that will make the events work! For example, you might know how to gather great a Facebook audience, or have crowd-sourced opinions on planning matters. Others will love to hear how it’s done!
The events are free to attend, and lunch will be provided, but we can’t reimburse travel expenses.
Here’s the dates and venues, and how to book:
Orchardbank Business Park
Newtown St Boswells
The workshop sessions will be
- What are the major problems around CC digital engagement?
- How can CCs best use the internet?
- Topics raised by delegates
Each topic will be discussed by small groups of CC members, then they’ll report back to the whole workshop.
We’ll also have a few short talks:
- the Scottish Government, on Community Empowerment
- the Improvement Service, on Digital Resources for Community Councillors
- Michael Gallagher and Sue Hamilton, on Chewin’ the Fat – CC members engaging on Facebook
Then there’ll be an all-delegate discussion, before we close the events and start writing up what has been discussed and concluded.
I’m very grateful to the Scottish Government and the Improvement Service for sponsoring and supporting these workshops, to the host CCLOs and their colleagues for facilitating them, to the speakers, to Peter Cruickshank for overseeing this project, and of course to the delegates themselves.