||outcome and notes
|December to early January
||marking Work-based learning mid-year reports
||Success: Marking was done, including handling students’ queries, and writing and delivering a presentation on how I will mark final reports.
||PB in Brazil: whether and how PB benefits the very poor in Sao Paulo
||work on a paper was stalled for ages. It took until late June to get a focus-group transcribed. Translation is to follow…
|February to May
||running WriteNow! sessions on Wednesday afternoons
- success! 95% of writing goals met; 23,720 words written (579 per session per attendee)
- failure: I wasn’t paid for this. Even though the initiative was strongly appreciated by participants from other schools, the feedback on the funding bid was ‘schools should do this themselves.’
||RIVAL: 4 networking events in 2019-2020 for Library and Information Scientists and practitioners
||See project website for details.
||GCRF map/database The Scottish Funding Council wants a map of all of the GCRF projects it funds. Image of possible look-and-feel is here
||Internal examiner for 3 BIT MSc students
||All three passed. (Credit belongs to the students and their supervisors!)
||Writing RFC funding applications
- Information avoidance in diabetes (PI: Gemma)
- LitRev paper with Leandro (PI: Colin)
- examination of Todd’s data (PI: Laura – she wrote this bid)
||Marking Computing in Contemporary Society courseworks
||Work was done.
||Marking Work-based learning final reports
||work in progress